My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Fives

1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from? English, mostly. My family on the Nall side arrived here in 1702. There are also roots in Germany, Ireland and Wales.

2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit? I loved living in Germany and would go back in a heartbeat. I have never been to Ireland or Wales and would love to go there.

3. Which would you least like to visit? Why? England, at least my whirlwind tour one long weekend while in the army, was kind of a bore. I may return, but only if I am afforded the opportunity to do it right.

4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage? St. Patricks Day? Thanksgiving? The Super Bowl? These are all holidays of my people.

5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)? See number one. Martine Nalle, an indentured servant born in Esse, England in 1975 travelled to Virginia in 1702 and married Mary Alden, born in Virginia in 1681 or so. Her mother was born in Virginia in 1655. Little is know of the birth of her father, but thought to be born in Virginia in about 1640 - 1650. That is about as old of a familly tree on these shores as you are liable to find. (There are several Alden families listed on the Mayflower passage, but I am not certain this family is one of them.)

|