My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: My Apologies

Monday, November 07, 2005

My Apologies

I have been away from the net for a bit. Housesitting and downshifting on the personal side, scrambling and working hard on the professional side and as a result no real time for "The Fives" or for "Foto Friday." Folks, concerned with my well-being, have sent substitute questions and foto suggestions, so that part of "This Old Blog" should be up and running in no time. In the meantime, a reissue of Springsteen's Born To Run comes out on Tuesday, 11/15. I could right a review and tell you great things about the greatest album recorded, but really, just go to Amazon and get a copy on pre order. Okay, so Bruce isn't for you? (Do you even know me well enough to say that to my face?) Well, lately, for reasons I barely understand, I can't get enough of Electric Light Orchestra. Jeff Lynn and the greatest John Lennon-Paul McCartney Wannabe band in the world. 20 years later, after nearly constant listening to the ouvre of ELO in high school, I went back and checked in. The bubble gum pop, the sublime disco rock, the ARt Rock impresarios, the crappy lyrics and the over production stand up - they really do. Perhaps Jeff Lynne was just ahead of his time?

|