My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday Fives

1. What was the first song you remember hearing and enjoying on the radio? "Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Old Oak Tree." I was 10 and this song for some unfathomable reason, captivated me.

2. If you could only listen to five CDs for a year, which five would they be? (Boxed sets can count as one CD. Sigh.) Bruce Springsteen, "Live 1975 - 1985"; Springsteen's "The Rising; John Prine, "Good Days"; Miles Davis, "Almost Blue"; Van Morrison, "Greatest Hits."

3. What was your favorite year, music-wise? 1989 - 1990. I was out of the Army, back in college, working at a college radio station and really started to pay attention to music during that period.

4. If you could witness one historical music event through all time, what would you pick, and why? The Beatles playing at Shea Stadium.

5. Do you have a song that never fails to cheer you up? What is it and why does it do that for you? No one song specifically. However Randy Newman can usually make me happy as can Bob Dylan. If I had to name one song it would be "All I Really Want To Do" from the album "Another Side Of Bob Dylan" a very happy and generally upbeat album.

|