My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday Fives

1. How old were you when you got your driver's license? Learned to drive a stick shift? My first car was a family hand-me-down. It was a stick shift with "3 on the tree." That's what I learned to drive on when I 15 years old. I wonder why they don't do the gear shift on the steering column for stick shifts anymore?

2. Who taught you how to drive? Mostly mom. Dad took me out a few times, but he never had the patience with me. Mom is the one who ended up going around with me the most when I had my driver's permit. I had driver's education in school and was actually taught to drive by the father of a minor celebrity. In my memory, it involved lots of yelling and cussing. Although that isn't actually true, because Mr. C is a rather gentle man with no real cussing vocabulary. Interesting how the mind changes the facts after many, many years.

3. Cars: first, current and pie-in-the-sky future? Current: The OMC! (Old Man Car) A rather large Ford Taurus. In the Future: Something real sporty - an obscure Japanese thing, perhaps. Or maybe a 1960s muscle car vintage coup of some make/model.

4. Napster/Kazaa/Filesharing: A crime or the Best Thing Ever? Best Thing Ever! As a result of file share in late 90s and early millennium, I found more artists I had never paid attention to and as a result ended up buy more music than ever before. Now, with most of the P2P gone, I am buying less music. Just goes to show ya.

5. You've just inherited $35 million dollars. Show me how you'd spend it. Pay off Mom and Jim's ranch, buy a nice big home - one of those fancy ones on 6th Ave. Drop a bunch into long term steady investing . And travel. Many of us have talked at great length of the world tour of food. To paraphrase Springsteen - "Mister the day the lottery comes, I am flying on jet plane for lunch with Ho Chi Minh."

|