My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday Fives

1. If you could be famous for 15 minutes, what would the headline read? Roy's Leads Globe In Nose Picking (Not what I want to be famous for, just the unfortunate reality.)

2. Do you think fame would change you? Absolutely. I would have a cleaning woman, and a personal trainer. I would be a whole different animal. I mean, really, what is fame? Mother Theresa fame? Micheal Jackson fame? I think if I could be famous for perhaps writing and had the chance to reflect on fame in that respect, then sure, fame would change me, because I would no longer be a working stiff and instead would focus on writing more and more as a vocation, rather than my current state of writing as a time wasting hobby. But if I had to have the kind of fame of Michael Jordan or Arnold Schwarzenegger, I think that fame would also change me and my reaction would be flee from it in hopes of returning to my actual life with real friends and family surrounding me.

3. Has your name ever appeared in the newspaper? ..what for? Yes. Besides my stint as a newspaper reporter - where my name was on the byline or on my column, I also had the rare, rare Craig honor of appearing the Northwest Colorado Daily Press as a young boy in High School, when I was named Citizen of the Day. That's right, I am saying it right now - I was the FIRST minor celebrity. Eat that, y'all!

4. Would you like to be famous for *more* than 15 minutes? Nah. Fame ain't that important to me. Being comfortable and able to do what I want is. Depending on the degree of fame, it looks to be so uncomfortable and down right lonely.

5. If you could perform one act of Good while you were famous, what would it be? One act? End War. It is the cause of some much that is wrong. No more war would work to end hunger and greed and a lot of problems stem from them.

|