My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday Fives

1. What's the one movie you've seen more times than any other? It is probably a three way toss up between Casablanca, It's A Wonderful Life or Creator. Casablanca is a great basic story, with a small, tightly constructive narrative and casting that is magic. They don't make films like this anymore. It's A Wonderful Life is a Christmas tradition and I do a pretty entertaining Jimmy Stewart impression. Creator is the odd ball in the list but in my Army and college years I was smitten by this film. I think it is the super cool Peter O'Toole, but I can't put my finger on it. 2. If you could turn one book, comic book or other print story into a feature-length movie, what story would you pick and why? I am sure I have finished a book before and said to myself, this would make a great movie. I know I said that about Mosquito Coast and guess what, the movie wasn't so good. I think though that in the right hands Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie would be a very entertaining film. 3. Whom would you cast? I always seem to have a Jeremy Irons like character in my head whenever I read Rushdie. It must be the deep, vedy, vedy, English accent. 4. What one movie would you like to see "updated for the year 2005"? (Ie, a remake) This is always troubling because so many remakes are ruined by the current Hollywood focus group process. Endings are changed, story lines changed. But maybe something light, like an old John Wayne Western, redone with Hollywood hunks and starlets might be fun. And nothing sacred really, has been damaged. 5. What one movie are you most looking forward to this year? Star Wars Episode Three (If it lives up to just a little bit of the hype) And The Da Vinci Code (It could be the next Indiana Jones)

|