My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Fives

1. What's your favorite sport (to watch or participate in)? How often do you have a ritual you participate in as you play it/watch it? I watch a few sports on television but I am not would you would describe as a sports fan. Back in the day (last year) I watched hockey a lot. I usually watch the Bronco game each week during football season. With the dearth of hockey, I am looking for something to focus my interest - maybe baseball. Maybe tennis. Maybe curling.

2. Do you feel that your favorite sport has a lot of negative influences on yourself or others? Hockey has a lot of aggression and violence. I suppose in a super-protective parent land, that can be a negative influence. But hockey wouldn't be hockey with out a nice brawl by the boards and some blood spilled on the ice. Take away all of that and its simple team ice dancing and how gay is that?

3. As a kid, did you have a sport/athlete idol? I followed the Olympics one summer as a kid and developed a hero like admiration for Bruce Jenner. He was so cool at the time. He is pretty lame know, but when I was 9 or 10, he was the shit.

4. Which "extreme" sport would you like to try (or would have already tried) if you weren't afraid of doing it? Shark week on Discovery just wrapped up. Swimming with the sharks would be cool, but I will save that for my sister. When I hear the term Extreme Sports, I think of speed and snow so I guess some kind of deep powder, back country, avalanche prone downhill danger skiing would be in order.

5. Are you caught up in "March Madness" (i.e., the NCAA basketball tournament)? Are you a basketball fan? Who will win I have caught a few games so far and I must admit, college basketball is much more exciting than pro ball. Less thugs, less ego and instead replaced with a real love of the game. I don't have a clue who will win but will still probably settle in and watch a game or two over the next few weekends.

|