My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, February 11, 2005

Friday Fives

1. How do you calm yourself down after something freaks you right out? Hot baths? Warm milk? Pacing and swearing? For the encroauching kind of creepy stress it takes a good long, boiling hot shower to calm me back down. For the quick, sudden freak out - like a car accident or seeing dead people (my life if complicated.), a swig of scotch and the chance to just sit and stare - like

2. What's the best free thing you have ever scored? My coffee table and end tables are all donations and quite cool - from different donors yet still matching. I still haven't gotten a free ticket to Springsteen but along lines of good free tickets I think the best score was the chance to see Lou Reed at a small dive bar in Stuttgart.

3. Are you a collector? What do you collect? I am a packrat but not really a collector. I have a few first editions and older editions of books and I think I would love to have the kind of dough to really be a bibliophile. As a boy I had a great stamp collection, started by my father, a postman. The collection is still around but it hasn't been added to in recent years.I also have a small odd collection of old cameras that I have found at thrift stores and yard sales.

4. Ever gone dumpster diving? No, not really. Although I do have a bookcase in my bathroom that was left next to our dumptster. But I think I am gonna chuck it this weekend. So since it is going back from whence it came, perhaps it doesn't count.

5. What would be the.worst.Valentine's.day.present.ever. A real heart, still pumping, taken from a living body. (Sorry Julie, I beat you to that one.

|