My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:: Friday Fives

Friday, December 03, 2004

Friday Fives

1. Do you enjoy letter writing [as in snail mail]? When's the last time that you wrote someone a letter or a note? When's the last time that you received something in the mail from someone [not including regular stuff like bills, junk mail, etc.]? I recently got a letter from a co worker who left our company to go into the Army. He wrote from basic training. It was a very nice thing and I have been and absolute boob and bore and not answered his letter. I will write him back this weekend. I love getting letters in the mail but there is a problem - you have to write letters to get letters and I am not a very consistent letter writer.

2. Do you plan to send out holiday cards this year? Why/why not? Do you spend a lot of time on them? About how many holiday cards do you usually send each year? A few years ago I send cards out regularly, accompanied by a long annotated Christmas letter. But I got out of the habit during my Dad's illness and haven't dipped my toes back in the water. I keep telling myself the blog kind of makes up for my Christmas letter, however a lot of the folks I sent Holiday cards to don't read this thing, so I am living in a fantasy world.

3. Have you ever had a penpal? Where and when? How long did you write to them, or are you still in contact with them? What kinds of things did/do you talk about with them? How did your penpal relationship come about? I remember one summer as a boy when my mom tried to get me to write to a pen pal. In retrospect, I think it was all a plot by teachers to keep me writing all summer long so as to aid my dismal handwriting. They were probably right (write?}) but I never followed through with it.

4. Do you feel that you have good penmanship? Did you ever have to take a handwriting class in school? Do you prefer typing letters or writing them by hand? Have you ever had your handwriting analyzed? Are you kidding me? My handwriting is atrocious. It has a shelf life of about 18 hours, after which point even I can't read it. At one point in school my handwriting was deemed so unworthy that I had to take special education classes and have special tutoring for about an hour a day. That will really mess with your self esteem - to go from the advanced reading classes to the the remedial handwriting classes and dyslexic kids classes in the same day. I prefer to type everything. See above answer on handwriting.

5. If you could receive a personal, hand-written letter from anyone in the world right now, who would you choose and why? Why would you want a letter from him/her? I think Dave Eggers would write great letters. He would be a great pen pal.

|