My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, October 15, 2004

Friday Fives

1. Seeing: What's the most beautiful piece of artwork that you've ever seen in person? Where was it, and when? Why does it stand out in your mind? I can't remember the exact name of the piece, but it is a piece of Spanish conquistador art from South America at the Denver Art museum. It is a scene of a Spanish priest getting blessed by the Virgin Mary and surrounded by native "heathens." The colors are so vivid and it is so telling about the total naivete and ego of the Europeans to think that their mission in the New World was a mission imposed by God. It is very telling

2. If you were one of the muppets, which one would you be and why? Grover is my fav. He is old school and part of the original pack of the beloved Henson clan. He isn't a marquee star, like Kermit or Miss Piggy and he has been edged out by Elmo on the sesame Street Walk of Fame, but that just makes me love him even more. For more on Grover go here. (longish read to tooooooo funny.)

3. Hearing: How would you describe the sound of your voice? When it's played back for you, do you like the sound of it? Do you feel that your voice is similar to anyone else's? It frightens me. It is higher pitched than I hear it in my head. I talk to fast and am too chatty. When I hear a voicemail or some other recording of me, I am usually surprised at how much I just ramble on and on and on when I talk.

4. Touching: Would you consider yourself a "touchy-feely" person, or do you prefer staying within your own personal "zone" most of the time? Do you often give/receive hugs, offer handshakes, or greet others with a kiss on the cheek? I hang around with a crowd of huggers and touchy feely affection. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I rarely give lots of hugs to strangers, in the elevator for example, but I am not totally against it. Watch out, here I come.

5. Smelling: Do you wear perfume/cologne? What kind? Do you have a particular favorite? What fragrances do you tend to prefer? Just some basic aftershave. No big smell goody stuff. Why do you ask? Is there something you are telling me?

|