My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, October 22, 2004

Friday Fives

1 You're making a CD mix titled, "The Soundtrack of My Life." Which songs would you include, and why? "Rosalita" by Springsteen, "Lethal Injection" by Slim Cessna, "Gloria" by Van Morrison, "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams, "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, "You Never Even Call Me By My Name" by John Conelly, "Sweet Home Chicago" by The Blues Brothers, "The Harder They Fall" by Jimmy Cliff, "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones, and "Time Bomb" by The Old 97s. Each of these songs has a poignant moment - work, school, Army or friendship - tied to them and hearing them brings a full playback of times past.

2. What is your favorite song right now? Two years ago? In college? I can't stop singing "I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love With You " by Tom Waits, so I guess right now that is my favorite song. Two years ago? "Lonesome Day" by Springsteen. In college, it was "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads .

3. You're feeling down, sad, lonely, frustrated, angry ... which song[s] do you play to help yourself feel better? "On The Road Again" by Willie Nelson, anything by The Blues Brothers or The Old 97s and of course, Springsteen's "Rosalita" - any live version that lasts about 10 minutes of feel good rock and roll.

4. Do you watch any of the competitive reality TV shows Why/why not? Do you have a favorite to win any one of the competitions? Only "Last Comic Standing," which NBC, in its wisdom this year, cancelled before revealing the winner. How lame is that?

5. Do most of your friends generally share your taste in music? Most of my friends either hate or just barely tolerate Springsteen. Lono likes Dylan, perhaps more than me and Ed and I have a deep affinity for old, old school country music. But generally my tastes are all my own. But that won't stop me from foisting them upon you, so beware.

|