My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, September 24, 2004

Friday Fives

1. If you were to prepare a meal that revealed your soul, what would you prepare and why? Red wine and a tossed green salad. Enchiladas and raspberry desert. Red wine for the heart, salad for the soul. Enchiladas for the spiciness and pizzaz I want in my life. Raspberries to remind me of my youth and my family.

2. What says "romance" to you? Listening and adventure towards the unknown and the ancient.

3. If you were to run for mayor of our fair city, what would your platform and pet projects/reforms be and why? Light rail and train service to connect the suburbs with the city and help clear congestion and traffic. Better health care and opportunities for the homeless and disenfranchised. A focus on schools that teach, not teacher lounges full of teachers who complain - more instruction, less bureaucracy.

4. Someone presents you with a working voodoo doll. Do you use it? On who, why, and to what purpose? Hell yeah! A few former employers and bosses are on the list. And a couple of GOP political candidates who I won't name, less the Secret Service infiltrate my life. However I would only use the voodoo to curse and cure, not to kill. I imagine a voodoo curse for incontinence and clumsiness for the campaigners. A voodoo curse turning the uncaring or stupid employers to be more forgiving and wise (and always ready to hire and promote me, rather than lay me off at the drop of a hat (bitter? Just a tad).

5. If you came upon a time machine, where would you go? Would you alter anything? Why? Victorian England, the time of Sherlock Holmes and foggy mystery. I would bring with me some crime fighting knowledge from our century, DNA evidence. Why? To go down in the annals of time as a great crimefighter, of course. Oh, sure, there is always altruistic things like curing disease - smallpox, polio, cancer and all that, but a Victorian crimefighter just sounds more fun. Add your comments/answers below by clicking the comment link. Special bonus request: Click on the contact link in the upper right hand side of the web page and send me a question or two for the next Friday Fives. (Thanks to Jenn, Kevin and Dan for their submissions. Keep the fun stuff coming.)

|