My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, July 09, 2004

Friday Fives

1. Favorite cereal and why? Traditionally? It is either Super Sugar Puffs or Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch. Currently it is a creamy fruity oatmeal concoction of my own devising. The recipe follows: 2/3 cup quick oats 1/3 cup quick oats 1 cup of mixed dried fruity (I use a combination of craisins and mixed fruit. 1 1/4 cup dried non fat milk. In a blender or food processor, toss in 1/3 cup quick oats and pulverize. Add it to the remaining oatmeal. Now toss the dried fruit into the blender or food processor and chop it into little pieces. Combine it all and store in a resealable container (Rubbermaid tubs or Zip-Loc bags work great.) To serve, take about 2/3 cup of the mix, add about 3/4 cup of boiling water and some artificial sweetener (I like the blue stuff) Yummy, low cal, no fat, high fiber breakfast goodness. I usually make a big ol' double batch and keep it at my desk at work. Enjoy.

2. What is the best thing about summer? Long days, decent traffic. Not driving to work in the snow.

3. Would you rather have a Slurpee or a milkshake? Slurpee. Or if you have Sonic nearby, a Sonic Cream Slushee. A great combination of a Slurpee/milkshake. mmmm, mmmm, good.

4. Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird. I could easily get up at 4 am to start my day, but roommate and most of the rest of the world will have none of it. I generally am in bed by 9 a.m.

5. Remember the scene with Molly Ringwald putting lipstick on by holding it in her cleavage? "Name one really bizarre thing you know how to do. No matter how small." Making homemade instant oatmeal? I roast my own coffee from green coffee beans. I am the only person I know who does this, but coffee made at my house is so much better than anywhere else. I also have this odd ability to crack my knuckles by just taking my fingers outstretched and quickly making a fist. It is kind of cool and makes a fun snappy noise.

|