My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, July 02, 2004

Friday Fives

1. What movie does everyone seem to love, but you just can't bring yourself to see The Stepford Wives. An all star cast and a new script that makes the movie classic a comedy. That is an equation that spells out disaster.

2. Which cartoon or comic book character is your least favorite? It is perhaps, heresy, but I never really liked Superman. Sure, he has his achilles heel with the green kryptonite and all, but otherwise he is completely invincible. No challenge there. I like the more human superheroes, like Batman and Spider-Man, who must overcome their humanity at times in order to save the world. Oh, yeah, I hate the Smurfs.

3. Which pop culture phenomenons do you think will officially "jump the shark" this year? William Hung. In fact, I dare say, he already has already made the jump.

4. What are some popular things that you just don't get? Tatoos. I just don't understand them. Don't want one, don't need one and try as I might, I have a hard time finding a lot of beauty in them. Oh well. To each their own.

5. And now -- what's your favorite line from a movie? "I want more life . . . Fucker!" Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. "I got that going for me. Which is nice." Bill Murray in Caddyshack, on reflecting his tip from the Dali Lama. And I love most of the classic lines in Casablanca. I love Casablanca. What a great noir film that exceeded all expectations and set so many standards. It is the very definition of the movie cliche'.

|