My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Saturday, February 14, 2004

Good Music

Stumbling around Google, Blogger and power surfing the net, I stumbled on this entertaining blog that focuses primarily on the music scene (with a mostly south Florida bend, but that's to be forgiven.) And a few random photos of life on beach tossed in. ( I really need to get my act together and up grade this blog to include a photo or two.) Anyway, I digress. As I cruised the blog I stumbled on this from The Belfast Telgraph (appropriate, I suppose.) The author tries to establish the essential Van Morrison record collection. And he does a great job, I think. Van is second on my list, next to Springsteen, for music I take to space with me. His voice and passion and ability to turn every note into great souful blues is simply astounding. "Like Aretha Franklin, Van Morrison has a rare ability to be an icon of his genre as well as rising somewhere above it, when he is firing. In R&B or gospel, or defining Celtic music, his talent and prolific recording have produced some incredible highs. Unlike Aretha Franklin, Van Morrison has a rare ability to be an icon of his genre as well as rising somewhere above it, when he is firing. In R&B or gospel, or defining Celtic music, his talent and prolific recording have produced some incredible highs. Unfortunately, his talent battles his reclusive nature and a sometimes iffy quality control. Defining four albums from a career so diverse is almost impossible, but the core, the soul of Van Morrison, was laid on record by 1974." Give it up for Van.

|