My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, December 12, 2003

Friday Fives

1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays? Generally, yes. I like winter and the severe harshness of the elements, the peaceful calm of a snow storm, the whistle of the wind and, as the song says: "Walking in my Winter Underwear."

2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect? My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. My dad was 35 year Postal Service veteran and as a result, Christmas to him was all drudge, muck and mire, filled with weeks and weeks of mandatory overtime and stress. This translated into a much bigger deal being made around the house for Thanksgiving rather than Christmas. Although I still dig midnight Christmas Mass services.

3. Do you do have any holiday traditions? Recently, I have added Champagne Mimosa's to the holiday tradition. But seriously, since my father has passed away and my mother remarried, the family is both adding new traditions and holding on to traditions. Thanksgiving is still a big, big meal with family and Christmas is becoming a catch as catch can affair celebrated in smaller groups. The biggest holiday tradition for me is The Memorial Day weekend/Birthday Affair wherein I try to host a huge meal somewhere surrounded by as many friends as I can rustle up. Plans are percalating for this year's affair.

4. Do you do anything to help the needy? Each year I send a check of $30.00 or so to the Denver Rescue Mission. And I shop at the thrift stores a lot. That counts, right?

5. What one gift would you like for yourself? A really, really nice pair of gloves. (Sorry, it was cold out this morning and I am a bit obsessed.) via Friday Fives.

|