My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Fighting Off The Cold

I have spent the last five days battling a contentious head cold. I haven't had a cold in a long time, owed partly to the magical science of Zicam. And this fall, with the abundant pollen and dust in the air, my sinuses have been on allergy over drive. I guess they finally gave in and let me have it full force with a magnificent head cold. A few thoughts:

  • Turner Classic Movies is a real treasure when you are fighting fever and a cold. Did you know that every movie star was in the film "A Bridge Too Far."

  • Tenacious D's new DVD is a great find to watch while fighting a cold as well. Mindless, juvenile dick jokes set to music. Beware, your roommate will probably not like it.

  • Sick time is a good time to groom fingernails and toenails. However, do not do it in your bed.

  • Last count: There are at least 5 different colors of phlegm that can be produced by the body.

  • The cat has no idea what "Stop, I am sick!" means. Toes under the covers are not off limits to a cat, who, i am sure, now refers to me as a pansy to his cat friends because of my recent convalescence.

  • Are there any real studies on the effects of power doses of Sudafed on a person's mental state? I swear I am experiencing hallucinations, mostly concerning leftover Thanksgiving pie.

  • |