My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, September 05, 2003

Friday Fives

1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most? I hate folding laundry. It is a huge mental hurdle that causes me to be weeks behind in laundry chores.

2. Are there any that you like or don't mind doing? I don't mind doing the dishes and tidying up the kitchen.

3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it's needed? I try to do a chore a day so that the house isn't a total pit. But my roommate and dear sister and myself both seem to inherited a sloth gene from our father. (Our mother is Martha Stewart meets Betty Crocker, an immaculate housekeeper). So sometimes the pit of clutter just takes over. Alas.

4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules? I tend to follow most of the mom rules but have recently cast out the mop the floor on your hands and knees rules that mom lives by. Time to move on from that. My step sister Laurel subscribes to a website/email list called Flylady.com. It has a whole method of housekeeping, focusing on a task a day and a zone in the house a week. I am contemplating using it to keep ahead of house cleaning.

5. What was the last thing you cleaned? The cat box. Alas. My kingdom for a self cleaning, self regulating cat box. It would make the cat the perfect, maintenance free pet.

|