My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://://www.majikwah.com and update your bookmarks.

this is what you shall do:

Friday, February 28, 2003

Friday Fives

  • 1. What is your most prized material possession?
  • Probably my dad's rings that were left to me when he died. I can keep him with my all the time, that way.
  • 2. What item, that you currently own, have you had the longest?
  • I have very little stuff left from my childhood. I did a terrible job as a teen and in early adulthood keeping track of stuff. But I have all my boy scout stuff, some of it I have had since I was ten years old. I also have a book I bought in second grade from scholastic books. That is probably the thing I have kept the longest.
  • 3. Are you a packrat?
  • Yes. Every three or four months I must tear apart my bedroom and files and just jettison cargo. I seem to hold on to every scrap of paper for far too long and I hate to get rid of a book. Ever.
  • 4. Do you prefer a spic-and-span clean house? Or is some clutter necessary to avoid the appearance of a museum?
  • Clutter isn't only good, at our house it is a fact of life. A house was meant to be lived in, not looked at. I hate folks who have to keep a house so clean and tidy they are forced to live in a tent in the backyard to keep from enjoying it.
  • 5. Do the rooms in your house have a theme? Or is it a mixture of knick-knacks here and there?
  • My bathroom has a fishing theme that for some reason or another has evolved over the years. The rest of the house has no set theme. I wouldn't say knick knacks, persay - that evokes images of a granny's house, but there are photos and things on the mantle and other shelves.

    |